Autodome’s “Random Kindness” program is all kinds of awesome.
After meeting up for lunch with Sach Raja from Autodome and hearing about his latest idea, I asked him if I could share the concept right here on The Dealer Geek.
Being the all around nice guy that Sach is, he said “of course”.
It’s rare that I get this excited about new marketing strategies from car dealers…..
So let’s get into it.
We’ve all heard the stories of receiving a free coffee at the Tim Horton’s drive thru from the random stranger in the vehicle in front of you.
It’s never happened to me personally, but my cousin worked at Timmie’s when she was a teenager and said it happened all the time. This gesture really took off after the movie Pay It Forward she explains.
As of last week, the crew @ Autodome decided to spread some random love throughout the Greater Toronto Area by surprising random strangers with one of their ARK packages.
I love this kinda stuff. Total grassroots.
— Autodome Ltd (@autodome) August 21, 2014
- Autodome prints off a bunch of ARK cards with Autodome logo and explanation of what they are doing
- Attach a Tim Horton’s gift card to the ARK card
- Tapes on random car window. Driver’s side preferred
- Random dude walks up to his car and thinks WTF?
- Random dude looks around to see if he/she is on camera? They aren’t , Sach and friends are long gone
- Recipient sits down in driver’s seat and feels something that no free hot dog or inflatable gorilla can produce….. hope